Weatherzone is owned and maintained by The Weather Company Pty. Ltd ACN 078 711 930 (“The Weather Company”, “we”, us” etc).
The primary purpose of The Weather Company’s websites, apps and products is to provide weather enthusiasts with an access point for timely, accurate and in depth weather information. Membership of the site or app is required to access the components of the site or app that are not considered part of the public domain.
What personal information may you collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- set up a Weatherzone account;
- access the site or app;
- use location features; or
- interact with our representatives (including through our customer support),
we may ask for or collect personal information such as your name, email address, address, phone number, location or other information. That information is personal information.
In addition, we may use your personal information and other data for purposes related to the initial purpose of collection if that other purpose would be within your reasonable expectations. Related purposes include analysing your personal information for the purpose of identifying and displaying content which may be of interest to you, referring you to products and services and/or production and broadcast activities and/or media activities that may be of benefit or interest to you, displaying targeted advertising based on those interests, improving our services, conducting research, contacting you, internal auditing and administration, adding your name to a guest list or invitation list, assisting us to carry out auditing, administration, or product enhancement, or providing marketing information to you.
Without limiting the foregoing, this may involve matching data with third party data held by our business partners using the safe haven environment of a data service provider), or using data to create an anonymous link to third party data held by our business partners and ad network companies and placing that link in cookies for the purpose of The Weather Company and its business partners and ad network companies tailoring information you may be more interested in and sending you targeted advertising when you use websites or other services over the internet, including those supplied to you by us as well as by third parties unaffiliated with us. Cookies are text files placed in your computer's browser to store your preferences. This is known as online behavioural advertising or internet-based advertising.
You acknowledge that such anonymous data, data on matches with third party data or anonymous links to third party data is not personal information and accordingly, the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) will not apply.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information:
- to develop interesting content for our internet products and name;
- to keep you updated on new material and improvements on our site or app;
- to create new products that will be beneficial for Weatherzone users or clients of The Weather Company;
- to recommend products or services that may be of interest to our user group;
- to communicate with you;
- to compile and aggregate statistics;
- to customise your experience;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our websites, apps or products;
- to investigate complaints made by you;
- as required or permitted by any law;
- for our administrative, marketing, product, planning, product development, quality control or research purposes or those of our contractors or external providers;
- to provide as part of business data to third parties if you have authorised to do so; or
- to verify your identity.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, affiliates, related bodies corporate, or external service providers;
- our existing or potential agents and/or business partners;
- our sponsors;
- our third parties including agents or subcontractors including IT service providers and data hosting service providers; or
- courts, police, tribunal or other regulatory or enforcement authorities as required by law in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings (including to exercise or defend our own rights),
or as otherwise required by applicable laws.
Some of the above persons may be located outside of Australia. By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who are located outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
Handling personal information
The Weather Company is committed to honouring the privacy of Weatherzone members and visitors and we are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles established under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss or unauthorised access. If you suspect any misuse or loss of or authorised access to your personal information, please let us know immediately via the customer support ticket system.
All the material on this site or app is copyright and cannot be copied or reproduced without our prior written permission.
Links to other websites
Opting out of Cookies
Should you have any questions relating to this site, or the privacy statement, please contact us. Thank you for using Weatherzone.